Monday, June 4, 2007

Greyhounds and Guesthouses...

Scarlett met a few Greyhounds and continues to be open to the idea of getting a new BFF. They were beautiful! I fell in love more than once. How can you really choose? Saturday the Grey Save Greyhound adoption representative will come over and make sure that we are Greyhound worthy. She's going to bring her Greyhound too. So, if we are approved she will recommend a couple of Greyhounds for us and then we will go check em out and choose a friend for Scarlett. That's the process. I feel really good about getting a Greyhound. They are special.
I still feel overwhelmed! On Friday, our social worker Karen is coming over for our last homestudy visit. She hasn't been here in months and months. This week I need to make sure we have all the paperwork we need, which is a MUCH bigger job than it sounds (and I will clean our house a little bit better than I usually do!). Lisa from CHI sent out an email to us today. She just got back from Ethiopia and sent a ton of new pictures. The children are absolutely beautiful. I have a sneaky suspicion that we are going to meet some cuties, come home, and start the process again. Lots of boys and older children need homes! She also sent pictures of the brand new guest house. It is just a few blocks away from the Thomas Center (the place where the children are cared for before the adoption) and looks really nice. It's also less expensive than most hotels. Since I am obsessive I had already found a few hotel choices I was interested in. The Damu hotel seemed like it was located in a really neat area. Hmmm...I'll have to think about it??? She also mentioned that the guest house was a bit noisy, which is NO problem for me, but I'm not sure if Tommy or baby will like that...We will have to ask some questions to get a better idea. The guest house may be a neat option for meeting other new parents as well.
Speaking of our babelicious- NAMES? Names are really hard. Ethiopian? Family names? Our favorite names? She will have an Ethiopian name to consider too. So, we cannot make our final decision until we find out her name. Seeing her picture may help also! We like Violet and Maya, the Ethiopian name Ayanna, and many, many more. It's very fun to think about names!
I'll write soon to let you know how our final homestudy visit goes (on Friday evening) and how Scarlett's Greyhound adoption goes (on Saturday).
Oh, I've been very concerned about where I'm doing my internship this summer. I THINK that I'm going to be placed in a hospital that sounds like it would be a great learning experience, so please keep your fingers crossed for me that I get it!
Oh #2, I haven't heard any updates regarding when Tommy is going to get his surgery. I'll let you know when we hear something.

No comments: