Thursday, June 7, 2007

Clean or what will the people think???

Today I took the day off of work! Yay for me!
Instead of going to work, I wrote a letter to the Ethiopian courts regarding why we want to adopt from Ethiopia, how we will be good parents, etc. Writing is not a personal strength, so it took me a lot longer than I had anticipated. It's not due to lack of material. I have a ton of stuff to put down, it's just how to word it all and what to include. I want to make sure that it is culturally appropriate, etc. Tommy helped by saying it was "great!".
Now I need to start cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! The social worker has been to our house before, so I don't know why I feel the need to over prepare. I KNOW that she is not going to bring out the white gloves, but I will be a freak about it anyway. I like to overdo most things and this is a perfect opportunity to exercise those skills.
We also found out that Tommy will have his little surgery on June 27th (I write "little" in an attempt to make it seem less alarming to anyone reading, but be assured that in my head/heart it's not "little" and is actually closer to medium in size and most definitely panic worthy).

No comments: