Friday, November 9, 2007

My beautiful friend...

I have the best friends a girl could ever ask for. Seriously. They are just amazing, inspirational people. I am super lucky.

One of my super close friends has a baby girl. She works full time and pumps, pumps, pumps. Her baby is on formula and breast milk because she has just never made quite enough. Actually, her cutie pie daughter just started eating solids too (sweet potatoes are a hit...carrots an acquired taste). Recently, her milk supply started to decrease more, so now she is pumping with even more fervor. So every hour and a half she pumps. Well, this is no easy task while you're working and she is FANTASTIC at her job (and obviously an absolutely fabulous mother, spouse and friend).
Today, she told me that the reason why she was pumping 8 times a day was also for Judah...because she loves him too. She has some put away for him. I just can't think of a better gift. I know how much time and effort it took and I'm just so touched and feel so grateful to have her in my life. Such a great friend. What a neat connection they will share. I love that Jude has her as a special person in his life. Very special. I just cry when I think of my beautiful, beautiful friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am at a loss for words! What an amazing, amazing friend. You must really be touched - and lucky to have such a loving support group around you. Will you real sister be able to meet Judah when he comes home or soon thereafter??

Do you have any idea on travel? Is it looking like 2008?? xo Lori

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a special friend you have! What an awesome thing she's doing for you and for Jude!

Anonymous said...

This has touched my heart. This is so beautiful.
Grandma