Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week #1 Home Without A. Sad.

I love that she said, "I didn't bring it up, just in case you weren't thinking about it this minute." Wise girl. Wise, thoughtful girl. Best Ethiopian Christmas present ever. Love her.

I love talking about my girl and I want to talk about my girl. I also love, love, love that people are thinking about us and want to be updated. But, it hurts. A lot.

I thought I should send an update since writing individual emails is just making me sad. There is no update. We still haven't passed court. There are still THREE issues that need to resolved. We are heartbroken. The wait seems impossible. I feel like I am just going through the motions. I don't think I'll feel better until I know when our little girl, who we are already completely in love with, is coming home. No, we don't know. We won't know until we pass court. No, it won't be until a fairly significant chunk of time after that. She's not home. She's not coming home this month. Or next. No, I don't think God wants my little girl to be living in an orphanage and definitely wasn't a fan of the tragedies in her life that led her to this point.

I'm finding it difficult to be my usual springy self. I'm ok, but I'm not full of happiness.

I'm going to continue to post about our adventures while in Ethiopia and you'll hear us screaming and the champagne bottles popping when we do finally pass court.
Much love,
D

1 comment:

Annie said...

I remember sweet A from the care center...my cousin and i had fun w/her :) i can't imagine how difficult this wait is...praying you hear good news SOON!