1. I REALLY do think I hit the husband lottery with my husband. We laugh hysterically at, and with, each other every night. I think that's special.
2. I used to think that I was special because my birthday was on Christmas Eve, now I just think I'm jipped...It may be a sign of maturity in retrograde.
3. I think my 30's are way better than my 20's. I finally, honestly, like myself.
4. I LOVE my profession- Speech-language pathology rocks! I have to stop myself from chatting about it too much with random people at the grocery store.
5. I have two sisters- I'm the middle child and have all the middle child syndromes.
6. I've had the same BFF for the last 20 years. She is the best. Seriously. I could give you MANY references supporting this.
7. I love the feeling of being in a new place- I'm very addicted to the rush- that feeling of being completely in the moment and alive.
8. I like wine more than I should.
9. I use exaggerated speech more than I should, no less than 5,000,000,000 times a day.
10. The biggest compliment that someone can give me is that I'm funny. Which makes me think that I may have issues with what is truly important in life. Sad, but true.
11. I love cooking, but have a lot to learn.
12. I love kids. They are the funniest people on earth.
13. My nephew makes me laugh more than anyone.
14. My older sister is the smartest person I have ever met. Yep, it was a thrill following her.
15. I'm not good with technical stuff. I lack patience with it.
16. When I witness a child do something new and wonderful for the first time (e.g. say a two word sentence) the rush is the same intensity and very similar to the feeling of seeing Paris for the first time.
17. I miss Judah...even though I have never met him. I have cried every day since I first saw him because I miss him too much. 98% of the time I do this in private.
18. Sometimes I ROCK at bowling, even though I have no form.
19. When I was 12, I was a kick butt 1st basewoman.
20. I'm a Capricorn and a mostly stereotypical one at that.
21. I worked at more random jobs in my youth than most. If you need shoes, a Christmas tree, a meal, dog training, a secretary, clothes, a movie rental, or books, I'm your woman.
22. My dad is the funniest person I know.
23. I love old houses. I could drive around Pasadena forever and sometimes do.
24. I love the beach. To walk on. Not to run on or near.
25. The other day I got a fortune cookie that said "The best mirror is that of your best friends." I honestly hope that's true.
26. I love to hike and don't do it enough.
27. My least favorite thing about myself is that I have too much anxiety and worry about things too much.
28. I love to read about and plan vacations.
29. I cry sometimes because I miss my nephew Darrigan too much. My sister says that he sometimes cries because he misses me too. I secretly like that. When he cries...not when I cry.
30. Although I'm honestly not smart enough to hang out with him... (he turned 2 1/2 yesterday).
"What kind of dinosaur is that Auntie DL?"
"I don't know Darrigan."
"I think it's a Triceratops, Auntie DL."
"Oh, you're right Darrigan. It does have three horns."
"Yes, Auntie DL, it IS a Triceratops. What kind of tree is that?"
"I don't know Darrigan. Do you know?"
"Yes. I do. I can speak Spanish. Can you speak Spanish?"
"No, Darrigan. I can't."
Basically, hangin with Darrigan is a learning experience...for ME.
31. I've never been to a country where I didn't think for a moment that it was my favorite...and I've been to 30.
32. I'm leaving for Hawai'i in a matter of hours and I'm insanely excited about it!
So, there are 32 things about me. I've seen others do this post and thought it was fun. Sorry my list isn't more exciting!
Merry Christmas Eve!