Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Decisions so far...

to catch you up...we had almost completed our homestudy (we had 3 visits with our amazing social worker) prior to deciding on Ethiopia. We used Bal Jagat-Children's World adoption agency and really like them. The director, Hemlata, is very straight forward. I LOVE that. I never have felt like anything was being sugar-coated. We have also collected quite a bit of our paperwork, so hopefully the process from here on out will be smooth. Hemlata referred us to Lisa Anderson at Children's House International. My wonderful husband talked with Lisa this morning and thought she was great. Decision is made, we will be using CHI. The program is currently really great and if everything keeps going this way, it looks like we will be able to travel in January or so. I finish my MA in Speech-Language Pathology in December, so it would be ideal if we could travel right after I finish and then I could stay home for a bit.

Oh, and we are requesting a baby girl! We are VERY excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma is soo excited as well!!!

Anonymous said...

a little baby niece to love and squeeze and kiss and hold and chub and tickle AND DRESS UP IN CUTE LITTLE GIRLY THINGS??? auntie walker is tearing up.