Wednesday, August 8, 2007

So so close to waiting!

Today we got our police clearance letters (and even had them notarized, a bargain at $102) and a couple of documents certified (a mysterious process which is done after you notarize them...basically they staple a gold star on the papers and charge you $18. Oddly, you don't even feel ripped off because you are so proud of yourself for getting it completed. I think they trick you by giving you a gold star. It is impossible to be irritated right after receiving one. You feel good, almost prideful. I earned/paid for a gold star. This process is well thought out). I still have to get them Authenticated...who makes this stuff up? Do you think I may get another gold star?
Two more things were checked off our list today! What do we have left? Really just an errand or two, copies, and more notarizing...oh, and our immigration approval. VERY EXCITED! I can't wait to just wait! I have a feeling that waiting without having anything to do, won't be as glorious as I think it sounds. My left eyelid has been twitching for over two weeks (Tommy refuses to pity me because he holds the record with his infamous 3 week twitch, so I must widen my possible pity providing circle by posting). I think it may be adoption related. I'm not an eyelid twitch scientist, but I'm pretty sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog today. Congrats on checking those items off. Your comments about the gold star made me laugh... I felt the same way when we got the gold star for the power of attorney document (I think that's what it was for). Best of luck — I look forward to reading more about your journey.

Anonymous said...

I may just try this gold star thing, will it have the same effect if I give them to myself?