Saturday, July 21, 2007

Homestudy approved...check!

I just got back from a road trip up to Canada with my mom. LOVED the Pacific Northwest! It was very beautiful.
Nicole left us. Her and Andy just took off and left us. Now they are spending time in beautiful places drinking from buckets.
Our homestudy is finished and "in the mail." It was approved by our placement agency, Children's House International. WHOOOO HOOOO! That means that we can go to immigration next week and make our FBI fingerprint appointments. Most of our other dossier documents are done. So, by the time we get our fingerprints back we should be ready to authenticate our documents and send them off to Ethiopia. My guess is about 2-4 months till they are headed to Ethiopia! Then we will be officially waiting for our referral. So adoption plan next week is to go to immigration, a doctor's appointment to finish that paperwork, and hopefully figure out how to get the proper state police clearance letters we need.
Sorry this is such a boring boring post, but Nicole reprimanded me and told me to post. I usually do what she says. Which explains a lot actually.
Tommy's neck is healing nicely. He's very pretty again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a long, hard road to be united with your little one!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two!!! I'm sooooo happy for you!

I want to hearmore about Canada...

Your new horsey is adorable!!! Can't wait to meet her!

Love, Debra