Thursday, May 31, 2007

June?

I can't believe it's June tomorrow. Not much new news on the adoption front. We have to change around a bit of our homestudy because Ethiopia has different requirements (some additional documents, wording changes, etc.) and our placement agency facilitator is in Ethiopia until June 4th. I'll write more when we have more news or items to be checked off our rather long list...
My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew went back home to Arizona on Monday. They were out for a week and we had a really good time. We went to the zoo, Knott's, and the park. VERY fun stuff with a 23 month old. He is brilliant and beautiful and I miss him terribly. He is going to be a good older cousin for our little one :) I will have to post a picture of all his cuteness! It is only fair to share a bit of it.
My best friend, Michelle, is also out from Denver with her super cute pie daughter. Her daughter is 17 months old and is hysterically funny. Tommy is always in awe over how pretty she is.
There is so much going on in our lives right now. I work in the schools, so I am finishing up the year. I am not coming back to work next year because I am going to finish up my M.A. in the fall and hopefully be a stay-at-home mom in the spring. So I am a bit sad about not returning. This summer will be a bit hectic because I am working on some research, need to complete my hospital internship, and will take the national exam for speech-language pathology. Tuesday we found out Tommy has to have a minor, but unpleasant surgery, which makes me more than minimally unhappy. My younger sister also MAY (I'm in denial) be moving to Thailand next month. SO happy for her, but I will miss her :( AND we are starting back on the adoption paperwork (I believe that I have already mentioned that paperwork is not a strength of the Tommy and Danielle team). Additionally, our spoiled spoiled SPOILED whippet, Scarlett, has been asking for a BFF. She claims that she needs company to lay on the couch all day. We are going to take her to the greyhound rescue to see if she finds a pup there of high interest. There is so much good and stressful stuff going on. Mostly really good stuff, but I still feel like we need a mini vacation to take it in, enjoy, prepare, and center myself. There is a secret message to Tommy in the previous sentence. I will let you know in future blogs if he was able to decode my very mysterious hints :) I have never before tested his descrambling abilities.

No comments: